Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Message to New Students from the Middle School Honor Code Committee

Welcome to the Dwight-Englewood Middle School! We are very excited for you to join our community. We hope you enjoy your experience at the Middle School. However, we would like to inform you about the Middle School Honor Code. This Honor Code consists of acting with honor, integrity, and respect for others.  This Honor Code has not only helped the students, but it has also helped the teachers and faculty because it builds a foundation of trust between the students and teachers. 


The code serves as an expression of the School’s values and basic rights that are shared and practiced by the students, faculty, and staff. The Honor Code provides guidelines for our Middle School community while allowing individual freedom of choice. It represents the Middle School’s commitment to fostering integrity and to teaching and promoting honor and trust within our community. The Honor Code signing ceremony will be held at the start of the school year.


The Honor Code reads as follows:

“I, a member of the Dwight-Englewood Middle School, choose to live by this code. I promise to act with honor and integrity to help build a stronger community. In doing so, I will not lie, cheat, or steal. I will respect the people and environment around me by not making any member of this community feel uncomfortable. I will respect myself, my community, and my integrity.”

We hope that you will help our community and live by this Honor Code as a Middle School student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment